[CentOS] DVR recorder how to resucue files

Wed Aug 26 15:34:27 UTC 2020
Fred Smith <fredex at fcshome.stoneham.ma.us>

On Wed, Aug 26, 2020 at 10:04:26AM -0400, Yves Bellefeuille wrote:
> ralf.prengel at comline.de wrote:
>
> >  Trying to mount this file simple with mount -o loop save.dd
> >  /mnt/backup fails.
> >  I found out that VDR are using non-standard disk-configurations and
> >  filesystems.
>
> If this were a normal DVD, you'd have to specify the file system:
>
> mount -t iso9660 -o loop save.dd /mnt/backup
>
> But you say the DVD uses a non-standard file system, so this may not
> work.
>
> > Tools like parted don t show partions in the  bckup-file
>
> DVDs don't have partitions, and I don't think parted would work on an
> image anyway.

the OP said "DVR, not "DVD".

I'd try fdisk to see if there are partitions, first, then if you find anything
that looks likely, try mounting that.

Also, try the "disks" utility, which also may be able to tell you something about the disk.

Good luck!

Fred

 .----    Fred Smith   /
 /    /  /   /__) /  /  /__) .+'           Home: fredex at fcshome.stoneham.ma.us