[CentOS] Viewing changelog for packages to be updated

Thu Aug 27 06:17:44 UTC 2020
Simon Matter <simon.matter at invoca.ch>

> On Wed, Aug 26, 2020 at 2:54 PM Kenneth Porter <shiva at sewingwitch.com>
> wrote:
>>
>> Is there some way to see the RPM changelog entries for a prospective yum
>> update? Ideally I'd like to see just the entries that are newer than the
>> version of the package I already have.
>>
>> I saw a new kernel in today's yum-cron email and I'd like to know what
>> it's
>> about and how urgent the issue is for me.
>
> You may want to look into git.centos.org. For example, spec file diff
> for the latest C7 kernel update can be seen here:
>
> https://git.centos.org/rpms/kernel/c/c53828b00fb26a7f96b149eef5e220a5ed4cc4e5?branch=c7#_5

Hi Akemi,

Thanks for the hint about git.centos.org.
But, is there some yum/dnf utility which can show the changelog changes?
If not, then I may expand one of my rpm tools to do it.

Simon