[CentOS] How to Migrate Wordpress Website from 32-bit CentOS Linux 6.3 to 64-bit CentOS Linux 8.2 (2004)

Mon Aug 31 15:57:11 UTC 2020

On Mon, Aug 31, 2020 at 01:31:19PM +0000, Turritopsis Dohrnii Teo En Ming wrote> SECTION 4 Disable SELinux (Security Enhanced Linux)

> You MUST disable SELinux, otherwise Apache web server will not work.
>
> If you DO NOT want to disable SELinux, you must be an expert in SELinux to configure SELinux.
>
> # nano /etc/selinux/config
>
> SELINUX=disabled
>
> # reboot

Stop posting these terrible instructions to the list!  This is
terrible advice and should not be considered.  Wordpress is such a
huge vector for attacks, you need SELinux protecting your system.  You
don't need to be an expert, and people posting misleading information
only makes more people think so.

> SECTION 5 Disable firewalld Software Firewall
>
> Because already protected by Fortigate firewall at the perimeter.
>
> # systemctl disable firewalld
>
> # reboot

Also terrible advice!  That's just the case for your weird corner
case.  I looked at more of this post, and was amazed by the amount of
cargo-cult apache configuration advice that's listed.  mod_perl *and*
mod_php?  Each httpd must be huge!

Why are you even posting this to a public list?  Use your blog for
this kind of thing.  I know you have one, you post it repeatedly to
random lists.