[CentOS] [CentOS-devel] https://blog.centos.org/2020/12/future-is-centos-stream/

Johnny Hughes

johnny at centos.org
Tue Dec 8 17:28:58 UTC 2020

On 12/8/20 11:19 AM, Marc Balmer via CentOS wrote:
> Am I the only one to perceive CentOS/RedHat team members responses as quite arrogant?

I am sorry you feel that way.  I was trying to help.  Red Hat has
several programs where they give away RHEL for free.  CentOS Stream is
free.  CentOS Linux 8 is going away in at the end of 2021.

Those are facts.

He said he wanted free Linux and did not want to interact with the
community.  I provided all the alternatives that i know for that.

Stream, a qualified version of RHEL that can be obtained from Red Hat
for free (has nothing to do with CentOS) or some other distribution.

I am not being arrogant or negative.  Just pointing out facts.

I have been doing this for 17 years.  I would continue doing for 17
more.  But it is what it is and wishing for it to be different is not
going to happen.  I know .. I've tried.