[CentOS] CentOS 8 Stream: The Good, The Bad, The Ugly

Nikolaos Milas

nmilas at noa.gr
Thu Dec 10 16:08:50 UTC 2020

On 10/12/2020 2:39 μ.μ., Steve Thompson wrote:

> On Wed, 9 Dec 2020, Joshua Kramer wrote:
>
>> It can, however, be mitigated if RedHat backtracks, admits their
>> mistake, and affirmatively commits to support future CentOS point
>> releases.  I'll be interested to see how this turns out.
>
> It may already be too late. Even if RedHat says "my bad" and goes back
> on this decision, not many will trust them in the future.

Even so, it's the least they are expected to do. Just say "OK, we are
having our company planning, but our planning and operations are deeply
affected by our community, so we cannot remain indifferent to their loud
feedback; we shall support CentOS 8 as initially announced for its
complete life-cycle and we guarantee that officially."

If they shut their ears to to the whole world, it's an even bigger mistake.

Nick