[CentOS] Is Oracle a real alternative to Centos?

Konstantin Boyandin

lists at boyandin.info
Thu Dec 10 17:33:26 UTC 2020

On 10.12.2020 23:18, Frank Cox wrote:
> On Thu, 10 Dec 2020 10:17:04 +0100
> Nicolas Kovacs wrote:
>
>> Le 09/12/2020 à 17:52, Frank Cox a écrit :
>>> Is it necessary to create an Oracle account to do anything with Oracle
 Linux
>>> that can't be done without creating an account?  In other words, does
 Oracle
>>> Linux demand that you log into Oracle to complete an installation [...]
>>
>> https://twitter.com/microlinux_eu/status/1336962009338933248
>
> The image posted at that link is so blurred out that I just can't manage
 to read it.  Is it just the part at the bottom that says "Free to use, free
 to download, free to update. Always." that I'm supposed to see or is there
 something more there?

I am afraid it's beyond Oracle's power to plan for "always". Such
promises are so easily broken.

Alternately, they should provide local definition of "always" somewhere
below, in small print.
--
Sincerely,

Konstantin Boyandin
system administrator (ProWide Labs Ltd. - IPHost Network Monitor)