[CentOS] Announcing Open-sourced & Community-Driven RHEL Fork by CloudLinux

Nicolas Kovacs

info at microlinux.fr
Fri Dec 11 17:06:36 UTC 2020

Le 11/12/2020 à 17:14, Phelps, Matthew a écrit :
> My gut feeling is Oracle doesn't see Oracle Linux as a money maker, apart
> from getting some support contracts from it, so they'll leave it be for a
> while.

I've just had a conversation with one of the Oracle Linux guys. I can't really
quote him publicly, but since I've already had some good experiences with OL
ten years ago (when I installed the local motorway company's servers), I guess
I'll just adopt a pragmatic approach and gradually move my servers to Oracle
Linux.

BTW, migration script works nicely on 7.x and 8.x:

https://github.com/oracle/centos2ol

Cheers,

Niki

7, place de l'église - 30730 Montpezat