[CentOS] Debug information packages for 8.3 missing?

Oliver Freyermuth

o.freyermuth at googlemail.com
Fri Dec 11 18:44:37 UTC 2020

Am 11.12.20 um 18:55 schrieb Ulf Volmer:
> On 08.12.20 23:02, Oliver Freyermuth via CentOS wrote:
>
>> after the upgrade from 8.2 to 8.3 one of the applications we use has
>> unclear Kerberos authentication issues.
>
> I can't tell anything regarding the debuginfo package, but I can point
> you into the direction, that DES support is dropped in release 8.3.
> Maybe this is the root cause of you issues.

Thanks for the pointer!
Sadly, the only message the application gives is a "kvno mismatch",
it would likely be helpful to get the actual underlying error by stepping into the library with gdb (the application we use eats the error message :-( ),
since we don't operate the KDC but only the clients and want to provide a clear bug report (I also suspect this might be DES or 3DES related, though...).
Since it does not affect all applications, I can't be sure it's an external issue, though.

I'll wait a bit longer, maybe somebody has an idea what happened to those debuginfo packages.

Cheers and thanks,
	Oliver