[CentOS] I'm looking forward to the future of CentOS Stream

Orion Poplawski

orion at nwra.com
Sun Dec 13 21:16:39 UTC 2020

On 12/13/20 1:25 PM, Dave Stevens wrote:
> On Sun, 13 Dec 2020 21:05:42 +0100
> Rainer Duffner <rainer at ultra-secure.de> wrote:
>
>> It’s also not often the case that you can split this kind of work
>> into a thousand work-packages and have everybody just work 1/2 hour a
>> day on it.
>
> not like Debian for instance

The workflow is very different.  For a primary distribution, updates to
different packages happen at different times.  Contributors can do that
work when they have the time.

For a rebuild, work must happen as fast as possible after RHEL has
released an update.  Much harder for volunteers to contribute to.

There are other support roles that volunteers can hopefully do, but the
core mission doesn't really align well with that.

--
Orion Poplawski
Manager of NWRA Technical Systems          720-772-5637
3380 Mitchell Lane                       orion at nwra.com
Boulder, CO 80301                 https://www.nwra.com/