[CentOS] Blog article: CentOS is NOT dead

Nicolas Kovacs

info at microlinux.fr
Mon Dec 14 14:41:28 UTC 2020

Le 14/12/2020 à 15:25, James Pearson a écrit :
> As others have said, it misses the _really_ important bit about the
> traditional CentOS model which is to follow the RHEL ~10 year life cycle

I totally agree with you.

But when you disagree with someone (e.g. the CentOS team), it's good at least
to hear the person out.

Back at the university here in Montpellier, we had a funny exercise in one of
the courses. Every one of us had to pick a subject where he or she had a strong
position. I remember I chose nuclear energy, which I think is a bad choice. And
in the exercise, I had to *defend* nuclear energy against its opponents.

And I published the link to the article because it's a fine text and nicely
argumented.

Cheers,

Niki

7, place de l'église - 30730 Montpezat