[CentOS] The conclusio: CentOS is dead

Simon Matter

simon.matter at invoca.ch
Tue Dec 15 11:09:22 UTC 2020

> Il 14/12/20 23:47, Ruslanas Gžibovskis ha scritto:
>> your suggestions?
>
> It is the debian family time man. I'm converting many stuff to debian
> buster and some on Ubuntu LTS 20.04.
>
> Would be great if FreeBSD will be largely adopted now.

FreeBSD becomes more and more my favorite now:

- it feels closer to EL6 and more home to me than any newer Linux (except
Devuan and the like).
- doesn't have systemd and all the other new stuff :-)
- is stable and has a friendly community
- has ZFS
- is very _well_ documented!

Ok, I came from a UNIX background before Linux was born so I got much used
to the UNIX way.

Have been toying with FreeBSD and other BSDs for years but it's more
likely than ever that I'll make the switch now.

Regards,
Simon