[CentOS] What are the differences between CentOS Linux and CentOS Stream?

Kevin K

kevink4 at gmail.com
Tue Dec 15 16:20:45 UTC 2020

As a bystander who just the other day saw this, no.  It doesn't appear that
it will be a bleeding edge kernel.  Just builds of the next kernel expected
to be in the next 8.X release.  So you are getting updated features
earlier, but maybe before all the known issues are resolved to a state
ready to be released in the main RH build.

For my work use of Red Hat, this all doesn't matter.  We license and pay
for many copies of RHEL.  It is only for home use that I've historically
used CentOS.  And even then I can get a personal license of RHEL.