[CentOS] What are the differences between CentOS Linux and CentOS Stream?

Phil Perry

pperry at elrepo.org
Tue Dec 15 17:16:00 UTC 2020

On 15/12/2020 17:09, Bernstein, Noam CIV USN NRL (6393) Washington DC
(USA) via CentOS wrote:
>> On Dec 15, 2020, at 12:07 PM, Phil Perry <pperry at elrepo.org> wrote:
>>
>> 3. 'dnf downgrade foo' doesn't work as only latest/one copy of each package in Stream repository so no opportunity to downgrade/roll back broken packages.
>
> Really? I hadn't appreciated that.  How does one the contribute back to RH/the community by checking at what point something broke?

No idea. I assume it might be related to repository size, as once daily
updates start flowing into Stream, repo size could get rather large
rather quickly?

But it doesn't sit well being asked to test (and feedback) on testing
packages with no way to roll back / downgrade when things break. 'dnf
downgrade' isn't something I (thankfully) have to use often, but when
you need it, it's a lifesaver. Seems like a regression to me.