[CentOS] Questions about Stream

Matthew Miller

mattdm at mattdm.org
Thu Dec 17 18:11:09 UTC 2020

On Thu, Dec 17, 2020 at 03:26:50PM +0300, Andrey wrote:
> Consider the scenario: a bug or security issue found in both Stream
> and current RHEL. It was fixed in RHEL in a few days. How fast it
> will be fixed in Stream? Obviously, it needs some time to port the
> fix to newer version of package. Days or months?

I think you're pre-supposing that many packages in Stream will be ahead of
RHEL. That's not the case. In most situations here, the package version in
Stream will be identical to the one in RHEL. In cases where Stream is ahead,
in some cases the security fix will be include moving the RHEL package ahead
as well to match. In cases where that's too big of a change, the Stream
package will still need to be updated so that a regression doesn't happen in
the next RHEL minor.

--
Matthew Miller
<mattdm at fedoraproject.org>