[CentOS] question centos stream 8 applying updates

Sergio Belkin

sebelk at gmail.com
Tue Dec 22 20:39:57 UTC 2020

El dom, 20 dic 2020 a las 16:13, Matthew Miller (<mattdm at mattdm.org>)
escribió:

> On Sun, Dec 20, 2020 at 10:43:25AM -0300, Sergio Belkin wrote:
> > I feel up to now the predominant tone of communications both fron CentOS
> > and RH is as if CentOS **professional** users were stealing something to
> > RH...
>
> Can you point me to where you are seeing this tone in Red Hat and CentOS
> communications? Because what I see is basically the opposite: Red Hat and
> CentOS saying that's not the motivation at all.
>
> --
> Matthew Miller
> <mattdm at fedoraproject.org>
> Fedora Project Leader

Edward, thanks for the reply, the tone has changed "if you don't like
CentOS Stream well, you know pay Red Hat".
"If you are using CentOS Linux 8 in a production environment, and are
concerned that CentOS Stream will not meet your needs, we encourage you to
contact Red Hat about options."

source: https://blog.centos.org/2020/12/future-is-centos-stream/

Is the PR what introduced the doubt about the CentOS Stream reliability...

I think that Red Hat is in its right to do with CentOS whatever it likes.
However there was a CentOS EOL that Red Hat from one day to the next
decided that it was not convenient to comply, wasn't it?

I think that if Centos Stream is just good enough to use in production
there is no need for Red Hat  advertisements in CentOS announcements. The
CentOS Community already knew that if it wanted guaranteed support and
beyoind it could pay and get Red Hat subscriptions.

At least there was a communication error.

If I'm wrong, let me know.
Sergio Belkin
LPIC-2 Certified - http://www.lpi.org