[CentOS] CentOS 7, as a 6in4 server

Tue Dec 1 19:39:52 UTC 2020
Walter H. <Walter.H at mathemainzel.info>

Hello,

I have a VPS at a hoster where I got 3 /64 ipv6 prefixes/subnets, that
are routed;

one for the VPS itself  - let us call this  srvprefix
one for the tunnel, only ::1 (server side) and ::2 (home side) are used
- let us call this tunnelprefix
and one for my network at home - let us call this homeprefix

now I'm just in test state, a CentOS VM is the other end of the tunnel;
(when the server runs well, my CentOS ZBOX will become the other end of
the tunnel)

at the server

the eth0 device has  serverprefix::1, the sit1 device has tunnelprefix::1

the routing is set with /etc/sysconfig/network-scripts/route6-sit1

tunnelprefix::2 dev sit1
homeprefix::/64 via tunnelprefix::2 dev sit1

in sysctl.conf these are set

net.ipv6.conf.all.forwarding = 1
net.ipv6.conf.all.proxy_ndp = 1

now I have to do these

ip -6 neigh add proxy homeprefix::1 dev eth0
ip -6 neigh add proxy homeprefix::### dev eth0

the question, can I do something to avoid these "ip -6 neigh ..."? if
yes, what? and how?
can the hoster do something? if yes, what?

Thanks,

Walter

my ISP told me that he won't deploy IPv6 within the next 5 years;