[CentOS] The conclusio: CentOS is dead

Fri Dec 11 18:50:00 UTC 2020
Walter H. <Walter.H at mathemainzel.info>

Why?

it is called "rolling release" and no one gave officially a statement to
the question I asked,

if it is meant like that of Win10 ...

a beta release is not the same that many expect as a stable system, as
they are used to have with CentOS;

you should think of renaming CentOS to something different, because with
Enterprise this CentOS Stream has nothing in common;

and does Redhat really expect everone - even private people - afford a
RHEL subscription¹ just to have a stable system?

¹ I would in case I only need just one RHEL subscription for ALL my
private used VMs (including the ones hosted in internet as VPS)

- a DNS server
- a proxy server (squid)
- a mail server (mail store - cyrus-imapd)
- a mail server (mail router f. outgoing mails)
- a mail server (mail scanner f. incoming mails with SpamAssassin and
ClamAV)
- a 2nd proxy server (squid, with SSL interception and Squidclamav plus
ClamAV)
- a web server (apache)
- a jump host
- a 6in4 router
- desktop with graphical UI (plus Firefox and Thunderbird) is a now a
SL, but they decided several time ago,
   not to do their own system based on RHEL, they use CentOS, that is
now a little bit bad for this/SL's use case;

- a VPS with OpenVPN (used with my smartphone)
- a VPS with a proxy (squid, to avoid censorship due to geolocation
blocking)
- a VPS as the other end of 6in4
- a VPS with storage of my own files
   (all VPS run a bind, too)