[CentOS] Moving to CentOS 8 Stream

Wed Dec 9 14:37:53 UTC 2020
Johnny Hughes <johnny at centos.org>

On 12/9/20 8:31 AM, Pete Biggs wrote:

>>> I thought I saw a reply from Johnny that streams wasn't quite ready, maybe
>>> he will chime in but that's what I thought I saw in a response.
>
> What, in amongst the hundreds of messages, he said it wasn't ready!!
> Why publish a FAQ and a web page telling you how to migrate without a
> great big banner across it saying "don't rush, it's not ready yet". Or
> better, don't publish anything if the instructions don't work.

It (Stream) works for me .. I currently use it on all my el8 machines.
I even have Plex Media Server installed on it with no issues.

I would recommend however, wait until the RHEL Engineers are the ones
doing the builds .. which will be sometime in Q1 2021.

I will do the conversion from CentOS Linux 8 to Stream (8.3.2011 .. so
make sure you are updated to latest before you start) and if it does not
work, I will make sure it does work ASAP.