[CentOS] CentOS Stream from bottom works, what is this?

Wed Dec 9 14:54:21 UTC 2020
Bernstein, Noam CIV USN NRL (6393) Washington DC (USA) <noam.bernstein at nrl.navy.mil>

On Dec 9, 2020, at 9:45 AM, Johnny Hughes <johnny at centos.org<mailto:johnny at centos.org>> wrote:

CentOS Stream is built from the currently released RHEL Source Code + 0.1

So if RHEL 8.3 is released .. Stream is the Source Code (built) that
will become 8.4 in a few months.

If this statement is exactly correct, then I think a lot of the issues in this thread may be easy to address.  However, the question is whether it is really
"That will become"
or actually
"That might become, if it turns out to be stable enough,"

I.e., to me the critical question is how often (in practice) will updates that have problems, and will not actually make it into RHEL, end up in CentOS Stream.  Presumably all such updates will be superseded in Stream by corrected ones, before they're in RHEL.

In fact, would it be possible, to list the final versions of each package's update at the moment of the RHEL release, and only do the CentOS Stream update based on that list?

Noam