[CentOS] dnf script to cherry pick updates and maintain RHEL compatibility

Wed Dec 9 19:02:03 UTC 2020
James Pearson <james-p at moving-picture.com>

Matthew Miller:
>> why don't they just make RHEL available to all for 'free', and you just
>> pay for support if you need it - i.e. a bit like it is now, RHEL if you
>> pay, CentOS if you don't - I'm sure that would make everyone happy :-)
>
> Because RHEL's value proposition is not merely support, and the value of
> subscription goes way beyond that.
>
> Butttttt, that said: yes, this really is the direction things are going with
> expanded access to low-cost/no-cost RHEL.

It that is really the case, then maybe some one from Redhat should pipe up now ...

If there is going to be a no-cost RHEL that can be used in the same way as CentOS is used now, then I think that would solve all the problems with this CentOS Stream announcement ... and calm down things

James Pearson