[CentOS] Centos Developers Opinion

Thu Dec 10 11:49:35 UTC 2020
Sergio Belkin <sebelk at gmail.com>

I would like to know the opinion of the CentOS developers on the decision
to end CentOS. Because people already made his voice heard...

What do you think?

Is it a great decision and master play of business? Because you know
'devops-container-facebook-intel-thing' and "hey is the inevitable train of
history?

"Adapt or die?" Really?

How could you explain what hundred of people around the world that already
implemented CentOS 8 and helped reporting bugs, many of them cannot afford
RH subscription?

How could somebody trust on a company that one day happily says "if you
don't like CentOS Stream, pay us?" and sents to trash a project of 16 years?

Did nobody know what Red Hat was working on this? How strange is...

I read you, we, the CentOS community read you, what do you think?

Thanks in advance
Sergio Belkin
LPIC-2 Certified - http://www.lpi.org