[CentOS] CentOS 8 Stream: The Good, The Bad, The Ugly

Thu Dec 10 14:23:22 UTC 2020
Sergio Belkin <sebelk at gmail.com>

El jue, 10 dic 2020 a las 9:39, Steve Thompson (<smt at vgersoft.com>)
escribió:

> On Wed, 9 Dec 2020, Joshua Kramer wrote:
>
> > It can, however, be mitigated if RedHat backtracks, admits their
> > mistake, and affirmatively commits to support future CentOS point
> > releases.  I'll be interested to see how this turns out.
>
> It may already be too late. Even if RedHat says "my bad" and goes back on
> this decision, not many will trust them in the future.
>
> Steve
> --

> Steve Thompson                 E-mail:      smt AT vgersoft DOT com
> Voyager Software LLC           Web:         http://www DOT vgersoft DOT
> com
> 3901 N Charles St              VSW Support: support AT vgersoft DOT com
> Baltimore MD 21218
>    "186,282 miles per second: it's not just a good idea, it's the law"

The funniest thing is Change Advocates that say: "Don't spread the FUD,
CentOS Stream will be quite stable....!" and at same time state:

"If you are using CentOS Linux 8 in a production environment, and are
concerned that CentOS Stream will not meet your needs, we encourage you to
contact Red Hat about options."

https://blog.centos.org/2020/12/future-is-centos-stream/?utm_source=rss&utm_medium=rss&utm_campaign=future-is-centos-stream

Sergio Belkin
LPIC-2 Certified - http://www.lpi.org