[CentOS] Is Oracle a real alternative to Centos?

Thu Dec 10 16:18:37 UTC 2020
Frank Cox <theatre at sasktel.net>

On Thu, 10 Dec 2020 10:17:04 +0100
Nicolas Kovacs wrote:

> Le 09/12/2020 à 17:52, Frank Cox a écrit :
> > Is it necessary to create an Oracle account to do anything with Oracle Linux
> > that can't be done without creating an account?  In other words, does Oracle
> > Linux demand that you log into Oracle to complete an installation, update
> > that installation, install software from their epel-equivalent, or do any
> > other of the regular sysadmin activities that one would expect to be doing?
> > If I start installing Oracle Linux on my machines or my client's machines,
> > what benefit do I get by signing up for an Oracle account that I don't have
> > if I don't sign up for one?
>
> https://twitter.com/microlinux_eu/status/1336962009338933248

The image posted at that link is so blurred out that I just can't manage to read it.  Is it just the part at the bottom that says "Free to use, free to download, free to update. Always." that I'm supposed to see or is there something more there?