[CentOS] https://blog.centos.org/2020/12/future-is-centos-stream/

Thu Dec 10 16:28:40 UTC 2020
mark <m.roth at 5-cent.us>

On 12/9/20 9:32 AM, Brendan Conoboy wrote:
> On Wed, Dec 9, 2020 at 1:41 AM Pete Biggs <pete at biggs.org.uk> wrote:
>
>>> I think what a lot of people are concerned about is the rolling-release
> As CentOS Stream grows, I expect many companies who sell hardware will
> become active members of the community.

I expect them to leave. In the real world, we had EXTREMELY limited
windows to update servers and workstations. To expect people to do daily
updates is asking for management, as well as the users, to scream bloody
murder. Most are *not* that technical, and will start blaming the update
for something else not working, and management will hear *them*.

I was chased off RH after RH 9, when it went to pay for licenses (and I
was "between positions"), and came back, because I *like* the RH
architecture. but I'm considering ubuntu now.

	mark