[CentOS] Is Oracle a real alternative to Centos?

Thu Dec 10 19:14:01 UTC 2020
Nicolas Kovacs <info at microlinux.fr>

Le 10/12/2020 à 17:31, Frank Cox a écrit :
> I think I'll play with it in a Virtual Box installation and see what goes on.
>
> It does look interesting.  It's just, you know... Oracle....

On a side note, the migration script centos2ol.sh currently only works for
Oracle Linux 7. On a whim I sent a mail to the address found on the download
page and instantly got a reply from a guy with an @oracle.com mail address. I
asked some more questions, and he answered everything patiently.

tl;dr: an updated version of the centos2ol.sh script will be published very
soon, with support for CentOS 8 -> OL 8.

Cheers,

Niki

7, place de l'église - 30730 Montpezat
Site : https://www.microlinux.fr