[CentOS] Current CentOS Stream already the downstream of the upcoming RH EL 8.4?

Thu Dec 10 20:01:45 UTC 2020
Johnny Hughes <johnny at centos.org>

On 12/10/20 10:01 AM, Gianluca Cecchi wrote:
> RH EL 8.3 released at the end of October 2020.
> Planned 8.4 would be at the end of April 2021.
> Now that CentOS has bridged the gap with 8.3 + updates, can we tell that
> what is going into Stream right now will begin to be the upcoming RH EL 8.4
> and so that in the next five months we will get a real scenario of what is
> planned up to 2024?

Yes. That is the purpose.

It may not be EXACTLY what is in there now.  It will be what is in there
as it gets closer to release.

It may also take one more cycle for the RHEL Engineers to move all the
development over and for all the new infrastructure to be put into place.

But the idea is, at steady state with all in place .. what is in stream
will be in RHEL+0.1, yes.