[CentOS] Oracle Linux 8 - short experiment with install and basic setup of Mate Desktop

Sun Dec 13 10:53:19 UTC 2020
Rainer Traut <tr.ml at gmx.de>

You have not asked me, but I have another thing to add - maybe related.

Am 13.12.20 um 09:54 schrieb Simon Matter:
>> Le 13/12/2020 à 05:30, Frank Cox a écrit :
>>> So after reading other folks' opinions of an Oracle Linux 8 (thanks
>>> again,
>>> Nicolas!) trial installation, I decided to crank up a Virtual Box
>>> session
>>> and try an install myself.
>>
>> I've made a few corrections to the article. If there's enough demand, I
>> could
>> translate it into english:
>>
>> https://blog.microlinux.fr/migration-centos-oracle-linux/
>>
>> Thanks for the heads-up for EPEL. I'll look into that.
>>

> Hi Nicolas,
>
> I've already mentoned the EPEL issue in one of my post together with
> another thing I saw:
>
> 'dnf check-upgrade' shows some .src packages in the list of updatable
> packages.
>
> Did you also see this?

When mirroring their bunch of OL[6-8] and OVM34 this works really good
with reposync.
But it pulls in all their src rpms.

The solution is to specify all needed "ARCHes" like:

$ reposync -a i386 -a i686 -a x86_64 -a noarch