[CentOS] The conclusio: CentOS is dead

Tue Dec 15 09:13:14 UTC 2020
R C <cjvijf at gmail.com>

On 12/15/20 2:05 AM, Ruslanas Gžibovskis wrote:
> Oracle Linux, only after Oracle Solaris will shine again with their awesome
> SPARC arch... Which has an amazing features...

Solaris tried to take over the "Sunos/bsd status quo", that was a
disaster, it was a good idea but licensing killed it.

> Nice, I did not check Devuan for a long time, if they still alive...
> hmm, I have hope in Rocky then, but would be more fun if guys do not just
> scrap everything fast into distro, and then, ooook, how do we work with it
> now...
> I believe Rocky will be a good thing, but hope other projects will merge
> into it instead of building their own. Even if everyone of us want to build
> our own :D

I think that 'Rocky idea' has some potential.

> But still, after this move, I do not have the same trust in RH as it was
> previously.
>
> Do you, People, still have a stone-proof trust in RH after last week's news?

Centos and RH are dead, well in a hopeless coma for now.  It's IBM,
Torvalds' Linux almost killed off IBM, Oracle, Novell and did a lot of
'damage' to MS in that market, IBM is still a dinosaur with the same
70's brain capacity, it won't be able to pull it off even if they had a
monopoly on OS' in general.