[CentOS] Is Oracle a real alternative to Centos?

Thu Dec 17 09:35:46 UTC 2020
Thomas Bendler <ml at bendler-net.de>

On Thu, Dec 17, 2020 at 1:42 AM Nate Duehr <nate at denverpilot.com> wrote:

> [...]

That is quite unlikely because JAVA is something they own since they bought
SUN. OEL, however, is something they build based on RHELs work. In this
respect, they only own the logos and the like, but that's it. So they might
in the future stop the free usage of OEL, but they can't sue anyone. The
only exception would be when you illegitimately use their logos or where
else they own the copyright/ trademark.

Kind regards Thomas
--
Linux ... enjoy the ride!