[CentOS] question centos stream 8 applying updates

Sun Dec 20 03:05:55 UTC 2020

> On Dec 19, 2020, at 7:10 AM, edward via CentOS <centos at centos.org> wrote:
>

> On 2020-12-19 14:33, Sergio Belkin wrote:
>>  In what moment "user" and "community" were replaced by "customers" in
>> CentOS?
>

> probably they want more of a  overall professional ecosystem for both  rhel and centos
>
> since it appears ubuntu has quite  a lead  server marketshare compared to centos and rhel
>
> ubuntu 47%
>
> centos 18%
>
> redhat 1.8%
>
> https://w3techs.com/technologies/history_details/os-linux

It was interesting to look at all UNIXes:

https://w3techs.com/technologies/details/os-unix

(they apparently put into that category Linuxes, BSD descendants, etc.). Of all UNIXes Linux covers 38.8%, whereas BSD only 0.5%. There, however, is 60.7 % of unknown UNIXes. I wonder whether my FreeBSD servers are counted as UNIXes at all, I did run OS fingerprinting against some randomly chosen, and they don’t disclose OS ;-)

Valeri