[CentOS] keepass for CentOS Linux OS

Thu Dec 24 00:09:11 UTC 2020
Kaushal Shriyan <kaushalshriyan at gmail.com>

On Thu, Dec 24, 2020 at 12:23 AM Richard <lists-centos at listmail.innovate.net>
wrote:

> > Date: Wednesday, December 23, 2020 23:24:49 +0530
> > From: Kaushal Shriyan <kaushalshriyan at gmail.com>
> >
> > Are there any repos to download keepass password manager for CentOS
> > Linux release 7.9.2009 (Core)? I am getting Service Unavailable
> > when I hit https://apps.fedoraproject.org/packages/keepass as per
> > https://keepass.info/download.html
> >

> You can get this for CentOS-7 from the EPEL repo.

Thanks Richard for the response. I have installed it on CentOS Linux
release 7.9.2009 (Core) server. Is there a GUI for it to access it from a
network similar to bitwarden (https://bitwarden.com/)? For example
http://keepass.example.com. I am going through
https://keepass.info/download.html

rpm -qil keepassx2-2.0.3-2.el7.x86_64
Name        : keepassx2
Version     : 2.0.3
Release     : 2.el7
Architecture: x86_64
Install Date: Thu 24 Dec 2020 05:26:30 AM IST
Group       : User Interface/Desktops
Size        : 1892119
License     : GPLv2+
Signature   : RSA/SHA256, Wed 30 Nov 2016 04:33:42 AM IST, Key ID
6a2faea2352c64e5
Source RPM  : keepassx2-2.0.3-2.el7.src.rpm
Build Date  : Wed 30 Nov 2016 03:25:42 AM IST
Build Host  : buildhw-09.phx2.fedoraproject.org
Relocations : (not relocatable)
Packager    : Fedora Project
Vendor      : Fedora Project
URL         : http://www.keepassx.org/
Summary     : Cross-platform password manager
Description :
KeePassX is an application for people with extremly high demands on secure
personal data management.
KeePassX saves many different information e.g. user names, passwords, urls,
attachemts and comments in one single database. For a better management
user-defined titles and icons can be specified for each single entry.
Furthermore the entries are sorted in groups, which are customizable as
well.
The integrated search function allows to search in a single group or the
complete database.
KeePassX offers a little utility for secure password generation. The
password
generator is very customizable, fast and easy to use. Especially someone who
generates passwords frequently will appreciate this feature.
The complete database is always encrypted either with AES (alias Rijndael)
or
Twofish encryption algorithm using a 256 bit key. Therefore the saved
information can be considered as quite safe. KeePassX uses a database format
that is compatible with KeePass Password Safe for MS Windows.
/usr/bin/keepassx2
/usr/lib64/keepassx2/libkeepassx-autotype-x11.so
/usr/share/applications/keepassx2.desktop
/usr/share/doc/keepassx2-2.0.3
/usr/share/doc/keepassx2-2.0.3/CHANGELOG
/usr/share/doc/keepassx2-2.0.3/README.md
/usr/share/icons/hicolor/128x128
/usr/share/icons/hicolor/128x128/apps
/usr/share/icons/hicolor/128x128/apps/keepassx.png
/usr/share/icons/hicolor/128x128/mimetypes
/usr/share/icons/hicolor/128x128/mimetypes/application-x-keepassx.png
/usr/share/icons/hicolor/16x16

Best Regards,

Kaushal