[CentOS] https://blog.centos.org/2020/12/future-is-centos-stream/

Tue Dec 8 21:40:11 UTC 2020
Jim Bourne <jbourne at hardrock.org>

On 08/12/2020 15:48, Johnny Hughes wrote:
> I promise you, to the best of my knowledge, IBM had nothing to do with
> this decision.  Red Hat is a distinct unit inside IBM and Red Hat still
> has a CEO, CFO, etc.  Red Hat also maintains a neutral relationship with
> many IBM competitors. So this was not an IBM decision.

Then WHO made the decision?

Where was the transparency in this decision by the CentOS Board?
(assuming CentOS still *has* a working independent board)

Judging from the reactions, I don't believe that anyone saw this coming.
Where was the community consultation on IF this was a good idea.

Jim

--

Jim Bourne/Dev Null - President Chinook City Roller Derby League
  CCRD  2011  -  2020  BOD  Member,  2016  MRDWC  Hosting  Chair