[CentOS] https://blog.centos.org/2020/12/future-is-centos-stream/

Tue Dec 8 23:42:01 UTC 2020
Pete Biggs <pete at biggs.org.uk>

> FAQ:"Updates for the CentOS Stream 8 distribution continue through the
> full RHEL support phase."
>
> What does this "full" exactly means? Will C8S be "closed" in May 31,
> 2024 [*] but RHEL8 still supported through Maintenance support mode
> until 2029?

I too would be interested to know what happens to CentOS 8 Stream once
focus of RedHat moves to RHEL 9?  The life cycle document says the last
release of RHEL8 will be 8.10, that's a five year road map (since point
releases seem to be every 6 months), so the point releases will end in
2024, presumably the end of the point releases means the end of Stream
updates?  Have these things been thought out that far ahead?

P.