[CentOS] https://blog.centos.org/2020/12/future-is-centos-stream/

Wed Dec 9 09:02:43 UTC 2020
Alessandro Baggi <alessandro.baggi at gmail.com>

Il 08/12/20 22:12, Nicolas Kovacs ha scritto:
> Le 08/12/2020 à 21:56, Johnny Hughes a écrit :
>> And, it will likely be sometime mid to late 1st quarter 2021 before
>> CentOS Stream is in its 'Fully Functional' state with community pull
>> requests and the RHEL package maintainer doing all the work in CentOS
>> Stream, etc .  CentOS Linux 8 will still be available and updated until
>> the end of December 2021.
> I've spent the last couple hours reading through various reactions to this
> sudden paradigm shift, and they're overwhelmingly negative. Even the brazen
> professionals and the hardcore guru admins who have seen it all add a little
> "RIP CentOS" to their tweets, blog articles and other publications.
>
> Only last month I held my yearly 101 class about Linux and Open Source at our
> local university here in South France. We were talking about enterprise class
> Linux - which isn't necessarily commercial Linux - and I remember explaining to
> my students the choice of CentOS and the benefits of low-risk updates over an
> extended period of ten years.
>
> A colleague of mine - the most proficient admin I personally know - already
> decided to move to Oracle Linux. And I'm currently considering it as an option.
>
> Cheers from the sunny South of France,
>
> Niki

Hi Niki,

I'm migrating away from centos since 8 released. The possibility of
centos drop was enabled since IBM acquired RH. Johnny says that this is
not an IBM decision, that a RH decision? Then it's worst.

My new ship (that was my old ship) will be debian and Ubuntu.

Thank you Johnny for the hard work.