[CentOS] CentOS Stream from bottom works, what is this?

Wed Dec 9 18:22:15 UTC 2020
Matthew Miller <mattdm at mattdm.org>

On Wed, Dec 09, 2020 at 09:58:10AM -0600, Barry Brimer wrote:
> If a bug were to make it into CentOS Stream, and identified before
> RHEL 8.4 was released, would an updated/fixed package be produced
> and placed into CentOS Stream?

Absolutely. The only path into RHEL minor releases that isn't through Stream
is for CVEs and other embargoed changes. And those will go back into Stream
as soon as they can.

> If a bug were to make it past CentOS Stream and into RHEL 8.4 and
> the bug is then identified and fixed after the release of RHEL 8.4
> would an updated/fixed package be produced and placed into CentOS
> Stream in the same timeframe or only if/when updated packages and
> their dependencies were made/released into CentOS Stream for updated
> features for RHEL 8.5?

It might depend on the situation, but I would expect the fix to land
quickly in Stream.

> If the same happened in the previous question but was in a package
> or set of packages that was being rebased in 8.5 would it work the
> same way?

Hmmm. I'm not sure I understand you. There won't be a dump of 8.5 packages
into Stream at some point. They will be updated there as ready.

--
Matthew Miller
<mattdm at fedoraproject.org>