[CentOS] Moving to CentOS 8 Stream

Wed Dec 9 19:43:55 UTC 2020
david <david at daku.org>

<SNiP>
Hours of reading
</SNIP>

CentOS Fans:

I've spent hours yesterday and today reading the messages about the
Centos 8 Stream, and expect to do it for the next few days also.  I
would recommend that anyone contemplating some action, such as
switching to a different distribution, advising your management to
change, or similar, postpone that action for a while.  Let the dust
settle, let the policy makers evaluate the comments, and watch for
clarifications and/or modifications of the plan.

For lack of a better date, I suggest waiting until the first business
day of 2021 (Monday 04 January) before taking any significant actions.

Personally, I've already invested some of my time incorporating
CentOS 8.  I've also been working with Ubuntu since that seems to be
the only way forward with Raspberry Pi and Apple/Intel machines, but
I'll keep my CentOS 7/8 machines stable for this month at least.

David

  -