[CentOS] dnf script to cherry pick updates and maintain RHEL compatibility

Wed Dec 9 22:05:00 UTC 2020
Matthew Miller <mattdm at mattdm.org>

On Wed, Dec 09, 2020 at 07:02:03PM +0000, James Pearson wrote:
> If there is going to be a no-cost RHEL that can be used in the same way as
> CentOS is used now, then I think that would solve all the problems with
> this CentOS Stream announcement ... and calm down things

There's not going to be a no-cost RHEL that can be used in all of the cases
where CentOS is used. But there will be options for a lot of cases. I want
to be very careful that I'm not overpromising here because 1) I'm not in the
business side of things so it isn't even something I can directly influence
let alone my call and 2) I do know that it really isn't all worked out yet
and won't be for a little bit. But, I do know that Red Hat actually cares
about these users and use cases.

--
Matthew Miller
<mattdm at fedoraproject.org>