[CentOS] CentOS Stream from bottom works, what is this?

Thu Dec 10 17:08:18 UTC 2020
Matthew Miller <mattdm at mattdm.org>

On Thu, Dec 10, 2020 at 11:50:00AM -0500, me at tdiehl.org wrote:
> So if I understand this correctly, centos8 + will basically be a rolling
> release and we will never know what we are really running. Is this
> correct?

No, this is not the case. There will be continuous updates, but all of these
updates are ones that are planned to go into a RHEL minor release, with all
of the normal things that will imply. As Brendan said, .y stream development
is really not all that exciting.

> To put it another way all of the stability we are used to will be gone and
> in order to stay up to date with stream I could potentially need to reboot
> machines daily depending on what packages $REDHAT developer decides to
> work on that day.

I mean, if there are updates you want that day, sure?

--
Matthew Miller
<mattdm at fedoraproject.org>