[CentOS] Oracle Linux 8 - short experiment with install and basic setup of Mate Desktop

Sun Dec 13 08:54:16 UTC 2020
Simon Matter <simon.matter at invoca.ch>

> Le 13/12/2020 à 05:30, Frank Cox a écrit :
>> So after reading other folks' opinions of an Oracle Linux 8 (thanks
>> again,
>> Nicolas!) trial installation, I decided to crank up a Virtual Box
>> session
>> and try an install myself.
>
> I've made a few corrections to the article. If there's enough demand, I
> could
> translate it into english:
>
> https://blog.microlinux.fr/migration-centos-oracle-linux/
>
> Thanks for the heads-up for EPEL. I'll look into that.

Hi Nicolas,

I've already mentoned the EPEL issue in one of my post together with
another thing I saw:

'dnf check-upgrade' shows some .src packages in the list of updatable
packages.

Did you also see this?

Simon