[CentOS] Blog article: CentOS is NOT dead

Mon Dec 14 16:10:05 UTC 2020
Simon Matter <simon.matter at invoca.ch>

Hi,

> "Nicolas Kovacs" <info at microlinux.fr> wrote:
>
>>  https://freedomben.medium.com/centos-is-not-dead-please-stop-saying-it-is-at-least-until-you-read-this-4b26b5c44877
>
> The article states that CentOS will now be "upstream" of RHEL instead
> of "downstream".
>
> This is strange to me. I never thought CentOS was upstream or
> downstream of RHEL; I always thought it *was* RHEL -- perhaps a little
> delayed, but that's not the same as being "downstream".

But that's also part of the problem for Red Hat, at least that's my
impression and I can understand why.

> It's also clear that Red Hat didn't understand the importance of the
> 10-year support period.

I _could_ probably live with CentOS Stream for the benefit of all even if
it's not 100% identical to RHEL but as stable as it, _but_, only if they
extend the maintenance period to the same 10 years analog to RHEL.

@Red Hat, do you hear our voices?

Regards,
Simon