[CentOS] CentOS 8 future

Mon Dec 14 17:25:02 UTC 2020
Ian B <ibrierley at gmail.com>

> Lots of chat stuff...

Something interesting happens when there's change. People get involved in a
different way, and it can actually be positive.

Centos for me is an example of something that many people took for granted
(including myself). Now there's change and the start of things like Rocky,
I think a lot of people learn something new with a new distro, and feel
like they can get involved, people learn again what it takes, there's a new
energy. Personally I hope Centos, Rocky all thrive.

My main negative is the shortening of end of life, it's caught me out.
That's a big no-no in this world as far as I'm concerned. It's all been
said already though.

Ian