[CentOS] Oracle Linux - oracle-epel vs epel - dnf priority

Mon Dec 14 19:27:25 UTC 2020
Nicolas Kovacs <info at microlinux.fr>

Le 14/12/2020 à 19:41, Frank Cox a écrit :
> For those of us who are considering moving to Oracle Linux (or at least
> doing some experimenting with it), I just had an idea for dealing with the
> fact that the oracle-el-epel apparently doesn't have all of the packages
> that are in the fedora-el-epel that we all know and love.

The Yum Priorities plugin (package yum-plugin-priorities) would be nice to
have, but unfortunately it seems to have disappeared. I've used this quite
extensively over the last decade. Whenever I have to use a third-party repo
that's a potential threat to the official repos, I'm setting it up with
priority=10 or something just to be on the safe side.

This has always worked like a charm.

Cheers,

Niki

7, place de l'église - 30730 Montpezat