[CentOS] Is Oracle a real alternative to Centos?

Tue Dec 15 09:14:11 UTC 2020
Ruslanas Gžibovskis <ruslanas at lpic.lt>

GPL stuff applies only to GPL parts, but they can have Oracle blob in
everything. The same time, TM's and so on...

Do you know how one of the biggest cases with torrents and MS products was
won against guys who shared it? Because MS TM was used incorrect way,
sharing ISO files of ALL MS projects and an executable which generates
random codes, accidentally fit to MS producs... is not a problem, but
having an MS TM Logo is the "problem"... :D

Same in Oracle stuff.

Also For example, according to RH license. You can install evaluation
Version every month on your development system, where sysadmin develops a
platform for the developer, but as soon when this platform is ready, it is
a production system, but no-one will come to you and check, is it really
still under development or it is already prod platform, which is rebuilt
every 3 weeks with jerkins job... (yes, Mr. Jerkins) :)

Legal and "can do" are 2 different things. ;)

And thanks Nikolas for keeping my advice in mind ;) much appreciated ;)
hope you will use it wisely ;)