[CentOS] CentOS 8 future

Wed Dec 16 03:59:20 UTC 2020
Joshua Kramer <joskra42.list at gmail.com>

On Tue, Dec 15, 2020 at 7:41 PM Johnny Hughes <johnny at centos.org> wrote:

> $250K is not even close.  That is one employee, when you also take into
> account unemployment insurance, HR, medical insurance etc.  now multiply
> that by 8.  Now, outfit those 8 employees to work from home .. all over
> the world, different countries, different laws.

I'm genuinely curious about something, and this is mostly academic
since it's probably the subject of proprietary discussions within
RedHat.  Presumably, RedHat had a build pipeline for RHEL that worked
well for them, by supplying alpha/beta releases of point releases to
their customers and giving them time to "cook" before releasing those
point releases into production.  Why would RedHat invest millions more
in buying the CentOS process just to have CentOS act as the beta?