[CentOS] question centos stream 8 applying updates

Tue Dec 22 22:46:51 UTC 2020
Sergio Belkin <sebelk at gmail.com>

El mar, 22 dic 2020 a las 18:54, Matthew Miller (<mattdm at mattdm.org>)
escribió:

> On Tue, Dec 22, 2020 at 05:39:57PM -0300, Sergio Belkin wrote:
> > Edward, thanks for the reply, the tone has changed "if you don't like
> > CentOS Stream well, you know pay Red Hat".
> > "If you are using CentOS Linux 8 in a production environment, and are
> > concerned that CentOS Stream will not meet your needs, we encourage you
> > contact Red Hat about options."
> >
> > source: https://blog.centos.org/2020/12/future-is-centos-stream/
>

> Again, please see
> https://www.redhat.com/en/blog/faq-centos-stream-updates#Q10
>
> The other options being addressed are not all "pay Red Hat".
>
> --
> Matthew Miller
> <mattdm at fedoraproject.org>
> Fedora Project Leader

Let's see the CentOS Description:
«A *community project* for ecosystem developers who want to see what is
coming in the next version of RHEL and need to introduce changes that
enable their hardware or software. It also provides a place to develop
technologies and tools so they‘re ready for the next version of RHEL»

Definitely, is not a CentOS replacement. Again, everything points to Red
Hat. I see that the focus is developer. I see no place for sysadmins...

Sergio Belkin
LPIC-2 Certified - http://www.lpi.org