[CentOS] Gnote equivalent in CentOS 8

Fri Dec 25 00:25:31 UTC 2020
Robert Nichols <rnicholsNOSPAM at comcast.net>

On 12/24/20 12:41 PM, Frank Cox wrote:
> On Thu, 24 Dec 2020 11:04:26 -0600
> Robert Nichols wrote:
>
>> In CentOS 8, is there an equivalent for the gnote application?
>
> I personally use vimwiki.
>
> Have you tried compiling the Fedora srpm on your Centos box?  A lot of stuff that you might want to install on Centos can be compiled with few or no changes in many cases.

No luck compiling. I run into the issues with missing -devel packages in CentOS 8. When I track down the needed -devel packages (gtkmm30-devel, gspell-devel), those won't install because of various missing pkgconfig(...) dependencies. That's probably why those -devel packages aren't in the CentOS yum repositories.

                 Do NOT delete it.