[CentOS] Out of office: "CentOS Digest, Vol 191, Issue 26"

Sat Dec 26 19:06:39 UTC 2020
J Martin Rushton <martinrushton56 at btinternet.com>

On 26/12/2020 18:56, Frank Cox wrote:
> On Sat, 26 Dec 2020 12:25:50 -0600
> Valeri Galtsev wrote:
>
>> Then let's make a little contest out of it: what's the most stupid thing you've
>> done as a system administrator ?
>
> Cleaning up some obsolete users on a system that accepts remote ssh logins and somehow managing to remove my own ssh key too.  Which I discovered about ten minutes later when I went to log in again and found that I had locked myself out.

Not one I did, but one I was part of.  A co-worker and I were discussing
something or other (might even have been work related) leaning on top
one of the VAX 11/750s in the machine room.  They are just a convenient
elbow height.  Suddenly the console spewed into life, and for some
strange reason the system was booting.  Oops, my co-worker had managed
to press their stomach against the reset button!

Mind, I can also recall the same co-worker sorting out a hardware
problem that had been baffling the engineers for an hour - the on-off
switch was in the off position!

--
J Martin Rushton MBCS