[CentOS] Switching from lokkit (iptables) to firewalld

Tue Feb 4 00:04:26 UTC 2020
Jerry Geis <jerry.geis at gmail.com>

Hi All,

Over the last 20 some years I have a file with about 200K worth of address
that have "wrongly" tried to connect to my boxes running centos.  So the
file has one line per address or group of addresses like:
2.244.112.0/24

So using the OLD iptables I would run through my file build the
iptables.txt file and start that with DROP for the IP address. iptables ran
through the big list in no time.

I was trying to run a script to go through each line and run:
 firewall-cmd --zone=drop --add-source="$ipblock" --permanent
but this takes a long time.

What is a "better" way or more efficient way to keep my long list of bad
addresses and apply them?  Thanks,

Jerry