[CentOS] C8 updates stucked?

Wed Feb 5 20:57:03 UTC 2020
Johnny Hughes <johnny at centos.org>

On 2/5/20 6:36 AM, Leon Fauster via CentOS wrote:
> Hi folks, I do see some updates coming in for RHEL8.1 and wonder why
> some are not coming into current C8 (latency already included)? Are
> there any staging? Koji shows such packages as finished/complete...

Because:

1. It takes time to create a new compose and to test that compose in QA.
 CentOS Linux 8 updates require a new compose to release.

2. Because the CentOS Team was traveling to FOSDEM, DevConf and Config
Management Camp since the last week in January until yesterday.

3.  Red Hat just dropped another large group of updates for RHEL-8
yesterday .. at least 40 individual SRPM packages and 20 modules (a
module can contain many individual SRPM packages).

We are building and testing the last update set now.  We will release
them when they are tested.