[CentOS] KVM clone

Fri Feb 7 15:05:31 UTC 2020
Johnny Hughes <johnny at centos.org>

On 2/7/20 5:22 AM, Nikos Gatsis - Qbit wrote:
> Hello everybody.
>
> I have a simple question.
>
> If I clone an existing KVM image of win server with static IP, the clone
> will have the same IP?
>
> It's probably stupid question, but I want to be sure.
>
> I have a full updated centos 7 box.

It totally depends on how you have assigned the address in Windows.  If
you manually assigned the IP address via Windows, then yes, the new one
will have the same Windows License and the same IP address.

If you assigned a static IP via DHCP (so Windows is set to DHCP, and you
control the static IP address via your DHCP Server) .. you could modify
the MAC Address in the KVM image config file and it would boot with a
different address that you can control.  It would still have the same
Windows License though.